Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Off Topic Update

Earlier this year I reported that my brother was going to need a liver transplant for long term survival. I am happy to now report that this past week he did receive a liver transplant which went well and his new prognosis is very good.


When you go through things like this, you learn a lot. My brother was very fortunate to have one of the best transplant teams in the country available. This team was the DFW Baylor Hospital system transplant team that works out of Baylor Hospital in Dallas and Baylor All Saints Hospital in Fort Worth. Here is the transplant surgeon who performed this one for my brother.

I cannot say enough good things about the quality of this team in every respect. A huge thank you to them.

In addition, whenever a someone is given a new hope for long term life there is a donor involved. One thing that really strikes you in this situation is how grateful you are to the donor and their family. They have suffered a huge loss and yet had a heart to make something good come out of the experience by offering someone else new hope.

These donors and their families deserve a special place of honor in our society and represent the very best of what we can be. An eternal thank you to them will always be present in our family.
=======================================================

Added note: I will be assisting my brother with his recovery efforts for awhile this month so new articles here will probably be postponed until he is back home and things are back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment